Trail : home : Admissions
Primary school applications for 2019 open in September.
Parents have until 15th January 2019 to express their preferred primary schools, using the online admissions system.
to find out more, please go to www.lancashire.gov.uk/schools
2019 Admissions Info|
Our full policy is available in the Policy Section of this website.
New Starters - EYFS: Applications for a place in Reception for September must be made on the Common Application Form (CAF) issued by Lancashire Local Authority and returned to the school by the date specified by Lancashire LA. Parents who wish to seek priority under any criterion that requires faith commitment should also complete the Diocesan Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and return it at the same time.
Admission to the school will be made by the Governing Body in accordance with the stated parental preferences it receives, subject to the following criteria which will be used to form a priority order if there are more applications for admission than the school has places available.
The above criteria will also be used in an oversubscription situation.
New Starters - entries to school after EYFS
All applications for a place at our school must be made on the school's application form, available from the main office.
Parents are encouraged to visit the school before applying, and to also be accompanied by their child(ren) for whom they are seeking a place.
Follwing guidance from the Diocese of Salford, the Governors are proposing a change their admissions policy. The revised uses the Diocesan Model Policy - the new admissions criteria will be:
1. Baptised Catholic Looked After Children and Baptised Catholic previously Looked After Children.
2. Children with an exceptional social, medical, educational or religious need which can be best met, or only met at this school;*
3. Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
4. Baptised Catholic children resident in the parishes of [parishes must be named].
5. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
6. Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
7. Other Baptised Catholic Children.
8. All remaining applicants.
Anyone who wishes to make any comment on the policy (full version below), must write to the Governors via the school by no later than 31st January 2019.