Our full admissions policy is available in the policies section of this website.
When to Apply for a School Place
The age your child will start school depends when their birthday is. Children can start school from the September after their fourth birthday.
These are the dates that children would usually start school and when to apply for a school place:
|Child Born Between||Starts Primary School||Apply Between|
|1 Sep 2017 - 31 Aug 2018||September 2022||Sep 2021 - Jan 2022|
|1 Sep 2018 - 31 Aug 2019||September 2023||Sep 2022 - Jan 2023|
|1 Sep 2019 - 31 Aug 2020||September 2024||Sep 2023 - Jan 2024|
If your child is due to start school in September 2023, you must apply for a primary school place ONLINE by 15th January 2023. To find out more, please click here to apply.
If you have missed the deadline, you can still apply, however your application may be refused by the school as it will be classed as a late application.
Parents who wish to seek priority under any criterion that requires faith commitment should also complete the Diocesan Supplementary Information Form (SIF) attached below and return it to the SCHOOL at the same time as the online application.
Priority will be given to children using the following criteria:
1. Baptised Catholic looked after children and baptised Catholic previously looked after children (including those legally adopted from overseas).
2. Children with an exceptional social, medical, educational or religious need which can be best met or only met at this school.
3. Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
4. Baptised Catholic children resident in the parishes of St Anne's and St Joseph's.
5. Looked after children and previously looked after children (including those legally adopted from overseas).
6. Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
7. Other baptised Catholic children.
8. All remaining applicants.
The school's in year admissions will be administered by the governing body of the school. These applications must be made on the school's In Year Application Form which is attached below and returned to Mrs Grimshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to the area or want to request a transfer to SASJ, you may contact us directly to find out if a place is available for your child.
If your child is moving schools within the area during the year, the start date will normally be at the beginning of the next school term. They will continue to attend their existing school until that date.
If you are new to the area and your child does not already have a school place in the local area, this does not apply.
Parents are warmly encouraged to visit the school before applying. Please make an appointment through Mrs Godden or Mrs Grimshaw in the school office on 01254 233019.
Please click on the link here to appeal against a school place.